Northeast Maglev is looking for an energetic, responsible Graphic Design Intern to join our Marketing team this summer. The ideal applicant will specialize in 3D design, with animation being a major “plus.” The intern must also possess knowledge and interest in digital marketing.
The intern will work directly with the in-house marketing and communications team to strategize, craft, and execute content for various marketing platforms, such as social media, digital advertising, email marketing, and traditional media. Applicants should have a strong level of experience with 3D modeling, rendering, and animation software. Proven skills in Autodesk Media & Entertainment (3DS Max required) must be displayed.
Applicants should also have an interest in the technology and transportation industries. The intern must possess the ability to work as part of a team while demonstrating the ability to self-start tasks and complete work with minimal oversight. The successful candidate will bring creative energy and ideas to help grow our digital brand presence.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with daily administrative duties
- Learn about the project and industry-related topics
- Strategize, develop, and produce 3D modeling, rendering, and animated content
- Assist with creation of raster, vector, and web graphics
This opportunity is unique as you will have the chance to lead and provide guidance using your knowledge of design elements and the required software.
Requirements and Qualifications
- At least a sophomore at an accredited 2- or 4-year college or university, pursuing a degree in Communications, Public Relations, English, Journalism, Marketing, Advertising, or a related field
- 2-3 years of experience with Autodesk Media & Entertainment suite
- Knowledge and experience in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop preferred
- Working knowledge of web design
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-directed and able to work without supervision
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas
- Availability to come to our office in downtown Baltimore at least 10 hours per week; hours can be flexible to fit class schedule
- Applications due Wednesday, May 6
- Internship will run from June through July
- This is a paid internship. Compensation details discussed at interview
- Competitive Compensation
- Valuable Experience
- Fun, Passionate, and Skilled Co-Workers