Northeast Maglev is looking for an energetic and responsible Marketing and Communications Intern to join our team this summer. The ideal applicant will possess strong knowledge of the digital marketing landscape, including social media, web, and community outreach practices.
The intern will work directly with the in-house marketing and communications team to strategize, draft, and execute content for various marketing platforms. Applicants should have strong knowledge of all major social media platforms, as well as working knowledge of website content management systems. Applicants should also have an interest in the technology and transportation industries.
The intern must possess the ability to work as part of a team while demonstrating the ability to self-start tasks and complete work with minimal oversight. The successful candidate will bring creative energy and ideas to help grow our digital brand presence.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Learn about the project and industry-related topics
- Assist with the development and implementation of Social Media strategies
- Develop a long-term social media calendar
- Conceptualize and build a social media campaign
- Research and prepare appropriate blog topics and execute blog drafts
- Examine and monitor social media analytics and prepare reports
- Utilize website content management system to overhaul web content
- Assist in researching, planning, and organizing outreach efforts
- Assist with daily administrative duties
Requirements and Qualifications
- At least a sophomore at an accredited 2- or 4-year college or university, pursuing a degree in Communications, Public Relations, English, Journalism, Marketing, Advertising, or a related field
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- In-depth working knowledge of social media platforms
- Working knowledge of website content management systems, e.g., Wix, WordPress, Squarespace, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-directed and able to work without supervision
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas
- Availability to come to our office in downtown Baltimore at least 10 hours per week; hours can be flexible to fit class schedule
- Applications due Wednesday, May 6
- Internship will run from June through July
- This is a paid internship. Compensation details discussed at interview
- Competitive Pay
- Paid Parking
- Fun, Passionate, and Skilled Co-Workers