The successful social media manager candidate would work with the marketing communications and public outreach teams to develop and execute on a strategy to build brand awareness and positive image via social media channels. The manager’s primary responsibilities are building and maintaining positive relationships with digital stakeholders and maintaining social communities. The employee will be very directly involved in the day-to-day understanding of the project and current status to seek out new messaging and advertising ideas. The employee will collaborate with key staff members to achieve proper coordination of messages, and the highest standards for external communications. The employee will develop and implement content strategies on social media platforms. Duties include analyzing engagement data, identifying trends in interactions, and planning digital campaigns to build community online.
Position Requirements / Duties
- Using social media marketing tools to create and maintain the company’s brand
- Working with marketing team to develop social media marketing campaigns
- Interacting with stakeholders via the company’s social media accounts
- Establishing the company’s social media marketing plan and social media strategy and identifying strategic weaknesses and making recommendations for improvements
- Researching social media trends and informing management of changes that are relevant to the company’s marketing activities
- Setting key performance indicators (KPIs) for social media campaigns, such as targets for a certain number of shares or likes and measuring a campaign’s performance against the KPIs
- Implementing, monitoring, and continually improving social media advertising campaigns
- Strategic Planning and Coordination with Marketing and Communications Team
- Assist with big-picture strategic marketing and communications work for the project
Experience Required / Recommended
- 2+ years work experience, preferably in communications, social media, public relations or traditional media.
- Attention to detail and thoroughness of work is essential.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multifaceted demands.
- Experience with building and maintaining communities on social media platforms.
- Proven ability to successfully work with multiple individuals, handle multiple projects and meet critical deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal skills. Creative thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Results-oriented and a passion for creativity.
- Proficient with MS Office, Adobe Suite.
- Flexibility to attend occasional evening and or weekend meetings and/or events.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, English, Marketing, Advertising, or a related field
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Long/Short Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Employer Match
- Paid Parking
- Paid Leave
- Fun, Passionate, and Skilled Co-Workers